MotorCities National Heritage Area
AHFIntProExhib4Sigs.jpg

Rose Terrace

Along Lake Shore Drive in Grosse Pointe Park, stone and metal fencing is a last trace of the Rose Terrace estate of Horace and Anna Dodge. In 1912 they moved from Detroit to this red sandstone mansion that was designed by Albert Kahn. Terraces facing Lake St. Clair were planted with roses. After Horace died in 1920, Anna remarried and built an even larger mansion at the site. She lived there until her death in 1970, and the mansion was torn down in 1976.


Address:
12 Lake Shore Dr
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI 48236