MotorCities National Heritage Area
grandfather_grandson_car-cropped.jpg

Fisher Body Plant #21

Fisher Body was a big presence in Milwaukee Junction, with its Plants #2, #7, #10, #12, #21, #23 and #37 being built in the neighborhood and supplying automobile bodies to a range of automakers.. Plant #21 (pictured) was designed by Albert Kahn and opened in 1920 at Piquette Avenue and St. Antoine Street just after Fisher Body had become a division of General Motors. #21 endures as a landmark of the neighborhood.

 


Address:
6051 Hastings St
Detroit, MI 48211