MotorCities National Heritage Area
girl-american-car-cropped.jpg

Continental Motors Plant

The “Continental” smokestack is a landmark near the intersection of Conner and Jefferson Avenues in Detroit. The smokestack is a remnant of the Continental Motors plant which was built in 1911 to provide automobile engines to the Hudson Motor Company nearby. The company went on to make engines for many vehicle brands. Business faded in the 1930s but was revived during World War II in making engines for trucks, ships and aircraft. The plant closed in 1965.


Address:
8430 E Jefferson Ave
Detroit, MI 48214