MotorCities National Heritage Area
Frank_Wulfers_Elizabeth_Cropped.jpg

90 N. Main

The former Independence Township Hall was once owned by Henry Ford and intended to be an apprentice school for Ford’s Clarkston Village site. He later converted it into a factory to build cushions and straps for civilian and military vehicles throughout World War II, then built the neighboring steam plant as a power source until the factory closed in 1947.


Address:
90 N. Main St.
Clarkston, MI 48346