MotorCities National Heritage Area
chrysler-body-drop-cropped.jpg

Ford Highland Park Plant

Along Manchester Street, just west of Woodward Avenue in Highland Park, are remaining sections of the Ford Highland Park Assembly Plant. First built in 1910, this factory complex grew and was truly historic – the first moving assembly line to build automobiles, first $5.00 a day wages for workers, and producing millions of Model Ts. After Ford automobile assembly moved to the River Rouge Plant in the late 1920s, Fordson tractors were assembled here, as well as Sherman tanks during World War II.

 


Address:
14522-14784 Woodward Ave
Highland Park, MI 48203