MotorCities National Heritage Area
girl-american-car-cropped.jpg

Finishing Touches

The Flint Varnish Works, which opened in 1901, supplied the first finishes used at the Buick Motor Company located at the corner of Hamilton and St. John Street. Less than 20 years later, DuPont acquired Flint Varnish Works and developed paints and finishes for every imaginable surface of an automobile. 


Address:
Flint River Trail - Vietnam Park
Flint, MI