MotorCities National Heritage Area
grandfather_grandson_car-cropped.jpg

Electric Streetcars

During the end of 1899, the first electric streetcar was lining the streets of Romeo. Connected by long rods to overhead electrical lines, the electric streetcar established a connection to the electric streetcare network across southern Michigan. Romeo saw a growth in business, shipping, and recreation along the tracks and was no longer an isolated rural town. 


Address:
Corner of S. Rawels and West Lafayette
Romeo, MI