MotorCities National Heritage Area
chrysler-body-drop-cropped.jpg

A Lake and a Trolley

"Weekenders" were brought to Cass Lake from the Detroit and Pontiac areas in 1895. In 1912, Joseph E. Sawyer began selling lots of homes and cottages on the lake and near Orchard Lake Road to new members of the community who were factory workers and tradespeople working for the resorts, landowners, and merchants. Eventually Keego Harbor offically became a city in 1955 around the intersection of Cass Lake Road and Orchard Lake Road.